Our company was founded in 1961 by Joe Chippin and our office moved to its present location (89 York Street) in 1964.
Joe, born on King Street in Downtown Fredericton, started his life from humble beginnings. During the depression, he left school in the 7th grade and entered the livestock business. In 1939 he entered the army and after the war, opened Chippin's Clothing, located next door to our present office on York Street.
In 1964, Joe sold the clothing store to his brother and started working full time in the real estate business. Chippin's Limited Real Estate was born and quickly became one of the leading firms in Fredericton. Most of the areas of the City of Fredericton bear evidence of our company's prolific activites. Joe became one of the familiar fixtures in the downtown. Joe continued to work in Real Estate into his eighties.
Today, our founder's earlier success is carried on by his children Arnold and Ruth, in the very same building at 89 York Street, in the heart of downtown Fredericton. We continue to be a full-service company with many land and building holdings. The main emphasis of our business is land development and we specialize in building subdivisions with full city services. We also offer a broad range of other real estate services such as commercial and apartment rentals.